David Robertson, our mandolin player, sings a traditional ballad
- Recorded at the 2018 CircaBlue Bluegrass Festival in 2018.
- David is well known throughout the bluegrass community for his clear and commanding tenor voice.
- Blue Octane always features strong three part harmony singing in our shows.
John Brown sings a JD Crowe cover of Come On Down to My World
- Blue Octane features many older country cover songs such as this one, the dance floor will be full when we perform this song.
- Performed at the 2018 Circa Blue bluegrass festival in Martinsburg, W.Va.
David sings "Steel Rails", from songwriter Louisa Branscomb.
- This is one of our fans' favorite songs
- Recorded at the 2019 Charm City Bluegrass Festival in Baltimore, MD.
John Brown sings a driving bluegrass song
- Recorded at Circa Blue Bluegrass Festival in Martinsburg, VA in June of 2018.
- Blue Octane features many traditional songs sourced from greats such as Bill Monroe or Flatt and Scruggs.
John renders one of the old country classic shuffles
- Recorded at the award winning 2019 Charm City Bluegrass festival in Baltimore MD.
- We feel that "old country" numbers complement our traditional bluegrass material and provide for good dancing
David sings a ballad about getting out of prison
- Recorded at the 2019 Wilmington Wintergrass bluegrass festival main stage
Jeff Westerinen, our fiddle player and multi-instrumentalist, kicks off an uptempo fiddle tune called "Ragtime Annie"
- Many of our fans love to buck dance or clog to the instrumental numbers we perform.
- This was recorded at Boordy Vineyards in the spring of 2017. We play several events each year at local vineyards during the summer.
"Crying My Heart Out Over You" was recorded at one of our "bar" gigs
- John Brown on lead vocals, rendering a sweet country song bluegrass style
- Recorded at the North East, Maryland VFW in March, 2019 - always a great place for bluegrass!
David sings a Flatt and Scruggs favorite, "Why Don't You Tell Me So"
- Our fans love the traditional bluegrass cover tunes, and this one is highly requested.
- This was a part of our show at the 2017 IBMA Bluegrass Ramble at the Pour House in Raleigh, NC.
Our Lead Singer John Brown sings his signature song "John Henry"
- Recorded during our IBMA Ramble performance at the Pour House in Raleigh, NC in September 2017.
- Mike Munford (2013 IBMA banjo player of the year) was making a guest appearance with Blue Octane for this show.
- Many of our shows feature up tempo ballads such as this one. It is not unusual for people to jump up and clog dance to this song.
Here is song that John learned from his father called "Old Carolina"
- This rare ballad from the mountains has become a band favorite.
- Recorded July 13th 2019 at Rob's Bluegrass Barn in Westminster, MD.